An electrical panel is meant to regulate the amount of energy supplied to your home, and when the energy demand increases, you stand a chance of overloading the panel, which could cause a fire. To avoid this scenario, you need to call a professional electrician to upgrade or replace your electrical panel.
Many signs alert you when you need an electrical panel in your home; some of these include:
When your electrical panel has been damaged by water, then a replacement is necessary. A clear sign is when you find rust on the electrical panel; your electrical panel will eventually stop working correctly if you don’t replace it as soon as possible. A replacement will prevent a fire hazard, which is usually the case when electricity comes into contact with water.
As small as these animals are, they’re usually up to no good. They can eat out the wires in your home, causing some outlets to stop working or for some lights to flicker unnecessarily. If you notice mouse droppings around your electrical panel and open wires, then it might be time for a replacement.
You might begin to perceive a burning smell in the air when your wires are damaged. Another sign could be when your circuit breaker begins to drop frequently. This means that your electrical circuit has been overloaded or is faulty and needs to be replaced with an upgrade.
Sometimes, your wiring is just old and has begun to wear it naturally. When this happens, you need a replacement as it can pose problems to you in the long run when it deteriorates more. It is advised that you replace your electrical panel after 20 years.